Well, almost three weeks into 2012, how are you doing on your “lifestyle changes”? 2012 is the Year to Get in Gear!
We started 2012 with making breakfast healthy and a couple snacks. Are you still on this road with us or do you need to step back reset and begin again. Based on an incredible insight during a beach run, I was able to develop the new RockIt Mom motivation: There are no failures, only attempts that were not the correct way, so let’s try it again a different way. Albert Einstein said, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” As women, we know — Failure is Not an Option! Let’s try lifestyle changes another way. Hopefully, these tips will get you started.
NICE: Be nice to your and your health.
Forgive. Decide today that you will forgive that person who has offended you, even if she has never apologized. Forgive and forget it. Replace those feelings of anger, resentment, or revenge with the sweet, peaceful feeling that accompanies ridding your heart of such negative thoughts. Get over it and then do something nice for your former enemy. Your apology and gesture of reconciliation may not be reciprocated, but the act of forgiving will lift the burden from you.
GREEN: 5 More Things You Can Reduce
1. Reduce the amount of food you eat and improve your health and your burden on the earth.
2. Rip bread crumbs up for birds and reduce the amount of food you throw out.
3. Switch to a low low flow showerhead to reduce water use.
4. Properly inflated tires will reduce mileage and gas use.
5. Reduce bills by going off-peak. Check with your utility provider to see when energy costs the least, and run dishwasher, washing machines, and other equipment at that time.
HEALTH: Don’t forget to do these before making lifestyle changes.
1. Clear Out Those Cookie Trays, Cakes, Pies, etc. & Clean Out The Refrigerator!
GET THEM OUT OF YOUR HOUSE! You must banish ALL temptation and focus on you, your body and your health.
2. Increase Your Water Intake.
Add about 8 glasses of fresh water to your daily intake. Increasing your water consumption will clean and flush your bowel and your cells and make sure that they are working properly.
3. Keep Your Head In The Game.
Start a journal and write down your goals, timetables and food intake. It is hard to remember every bite, but it will get easier. Post some motivating and inspirational notes around the house with your goals listed on them so that you can be reminded constantly about where you are headed.
4. Cut Down On Caffeine.
Caffeine puts a lot of pressure on all of your body’s systems.
5. Get Started With A Light & Easy Exercise Program.
Start light and easy, especially if you haven’t been exercising regularly. Do not start a hard and heavy exercise regimen at the same time that you trying to change your lifestyle. It will only cause more stress on your body. Try walking for 20-30 min/day to begin. Then add hills, weights or add to your pace.
FOOD: Balsamic Chicken in the Slow Cooker.
It is cold outside and we need some healthy dinners that are easy to make. Here is a great dinner served over angel hair pasta or as I prefer — steamed spinach and roasted brussels sprouts. Click here for the full recipe.