HEALTH TIP – It is still dark out, I don’t wanna get up!
These dark fall mornings are going to make it tough to climb out of bed. When you should be up and the gym, hiding under the sheets is not a good alternative. Since, daylight saving ending today, hopefully these tips can help the not-so-morning people get up and get moving before the sun comes up.
• Before you go to sleep, either sleep in your gym clothes (which seems so college days) or at least lay them out next to your bed. Then you don’t have to think in the dark.
• Studies show doing some yoga stretches or general stretches in bed get your body moving.
• Fresh flowers in your room make you feel energized, per all those scientists. Just don’t keep stargazers in your bedroom, their strong aroma can hinder your sleep.
• If getting into the routine will take time, skip the gym, but get up and move! Put in a DVD, go to FITTV.com or even ON DEMAND has great workouts that are just as strenuous as being at the gym.
• This is one of the hardest, especially for moms, but GO TO BED EARLIER. A recent workshop shoes most women 30-63 yrs old do not get enough sleep. Less than 8 hours of sleep can cause lack of good judgment, overeating, and dizziness.
• Put your alarm clock in the bathroom or across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off. Keep moving it around, so it is not in the same spot all the time.
• Set your clock at least 25 minutes ahead of time. That way the first time it goes off, it shocks you out of REM and it makes the waking up process a little easier.
• Get a self-timed coffee maker. The aroma will get you out from under those sheets in no time. Just be weary of the self-grinders, they can scare you awake.
If you are an am workout queen, this type of early exercise can really burn that metabolism. In recent survey of RockIt Mom members, getting up and working out with just a small snack (banana/bar or yogurt) gives you a long term burn all day. So why not have a revved up metabolism, keep up that energy and make solid decisions. Now, what is your excuse?